The S&FMA Endowment appreciates your support at whatever level is appropriate for you. Send a gift today!
How to Donate:
- Via PayPal
- Amazon Smile
- Donate via check made payable to SFMA Endowment
- By Mail
c/o Neil Gluckman
315 S Columbia Drive
Decatur, GA 30030
- In Person
Give a check to any Endowment Board Member at rehearsal
- By Mail
What does your donation “buy”?
- $35 buys one new music stand
- $40 buys one new drum head
- $55 buys one new piece of music (one song)
- $100 grants 6th graders new music books
- $300 buys a rack to store music stands
- $600-$3,000 buys a new sousaphone (yes, quite the wide range!)
In addition to individual donations that contribute to the core of the Endowment, the Board members host two annual fundraising opportunities each year:
- The Annual $5 Gig Raffle: Win the Band! For the mere cost of $5, the winner of this annual fundraiser arranges the Band to show up at a gig of their choice, within the Atlanta metro area, at a date mutually agreed upon by the winner and the current Bookie.
- For 2017, the drawing was held May 9.
- See any band member for a raffle ticket, or email the Board Members here to purchase electronically firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Abominaball Royalty Contest: At the Abominaball each December, candidates compete for the titles of KING, QUEEN, and ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS by raising the most funds. The funds are largely contributed by fellow band members, yet can come from anywhere: family members, co-workers, or even old band directors. The candidate who raises the most funds chooses the title he/she wants to hold and the crown he/she wants wear while holding court. In 2015, the Board introduced capes to complete the royal look, and in 2016, the Royalty Court rode in fancy antique cars in the Inman Park Parade riding behind the marching band. Click here for details on the 2017 contest!
The 2016-2017 Royalty Court is as follows:
QUEEN: Josie Starnes
KING: Drakie Jordan
ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS: Brenda Findley
Click here for a history of recent Royalty Contest Winners.